Reproductive and Child Health Alliance (RACHA), funded by the UNICEF will be expanding its project activities in Pursat, Battambong, Siem Reap, Kampong Thom, and Kampong Cham Province in Strengthening demand and community engagement for integrated COVID-19 vaccination, routine immunization and primary health care services. RACHA offering excellent employment opportunities for dedicated, hardworking, innovative and committed professionals with requisite skills and knowledge in community capacity building. The project managed and implemented by the Reproductive and Child Health Alliance, RACHA in Cambodia. RACHA seeking for the qualify candidates to fill in the following position:
Project Name: Strengthening demand and community engagement for integrated COVID-19 vaccination, routine immunization and primary health care services
Period: May 15, 2023 to February 2024.
Job Title: Field Officer (1 Position): 1 in Kampong Thom and Kampong Cham Province
Duty Station: Administrative District (Baray, Santouk Kampong Thom Province and Cheung Prey Kampong Cham Province)
Report to: Provincial Manager
Job Summary: Facilitates the implementation of strengthening demand and community engagement for integrated COVID-19 vaccination, routine immunization and primary health care services Project through technical and operational support for the development/implementation of program. Responsibilities may include task supervision of technical and support Community Facilitator (CF), facilitating the partnership of public service provider, Health Center, Commune Council, CCWC and Village health Support Group (VHSG) for the implementation the project. Must have both system governance training and community health background.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Working with Community Facilitator to mobilize, Health Center, CC, CCWC, VHSGs, Village Chief and other community volunteers (CVs):
- To map the target population per village (sex, age groups) and identify priority groups like the elderly and people with disabilities or co-morbidities.
- To collect information on whether there are residents who do not want to be vaccinated and their reasons why.
- To distribute IEC materials (flyers) and get the family’s contact number for possible electronic messaging
- To identify potential vaccination centers (HC, Village Council office) that are easily accessible by the villagers.
- To disseminate the schedule and venue of the vaccination.
- Support HCs on data consolidation by village and analysis to identify and prioritize areas with low coverage and high dropout.
- Ensure that the information on the importance of full Covid 19 vaccination and other health protocols like the 3 do’s and don’ts will be disseminated to the community by:
- Use of IEC materials like leaflets distribution (through village shops, transport drivers, market stalls)
- Mobile phones messaging and use of other social media platforms
- Prepare and maintain RACHA’s program records and reports, including: entering data and documents into RACHA computers (in Khmer and English), translating documents between Khmer and English languages, and operating a RACHA filing system for immediate access to technical, operational and financial documents.
- Collaborate with Community Base Organization (CBO), Community Facilitator, Commune Council, CCWC and VHSGs.
- Planning the training activities
- Budgeting at a grassroots level
- Reporting to the Provincial Manager
- Bachelor degree in social sciences or Heath Professional preferred;
- A minimum of three years’ experience in implementing projects in partnership with community and NGO;
- Experience in implementing community health activities;
- Familiarity with word-processing and graphics computer programmes;
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Relevant Graduate or other advanced degree
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in Khmer and strong English written and spoken skills
- Frequent liaison inside and outside the organization involving an exchange of reasonably complex operational, financial and technical information in both Khmer and English languages.
- Advocacy skills.
- Knowledge of community feedback methods/mechanism
- Have Cambodian driving license and be able to travel to community by their own motorbike
For more details on the job openings, please visit the RACHA website at http://www.racha.org.kh and/or: https://web.facebook.com/rachacambodia. Candidates MUST submit a current resume with a cover letter with three references to: RACHA Office House #02, Street 500, Sangkat Phsar Doeum Thkov, Khan Chamcar Mon, Phnom Penh, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or direct to Mr. Choun Satharidh at e-mail: email@example.com, (855) 23 213 724
RACHA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer with strict adherence to the Child Protection Principles as well as the PSEAH.
Closing date: May 18, 2023